If you haven’t noticed already, I’ve redesigned HonorOfKings.org to a new layout … I hope you like it! With the new template, I should be able to display videos more efficiently … plus I kinda dig the new logo.
This blog has been in existence for a little over a year now. During this time, I have been undergoing a bit of a transformation that has been hidden from the eyes of most of you. My faith in the Most High has been shaken … and at the same time, strengthened all the way down to it’s roots.
I’m a person who likes to ask the “hard questions”.
- Why is divorce, teen suicide, drug abuse and pornography use equal (or at least comparable) with the world?
- Why does the church seem no longer separate from the world?
- Why, no matter how much we want to bathe our prayers in “positive confessions” and high hopes, does nothing seem to be changing (for the better)?
I know that we all have our own opinions on these questions, and each opinion is different. Let’s take it a whole lot further. Let’s bring up the questions that we’ve always had about the Word (but have been afraid to say!) …
- What really is the difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament? Is there a difference?
- How can a murderer (David) be a man “after God’s own heart”?
- If God never changes (Malachi 3:6), why did He seem to change between B.C. and A.D.?
- What is the relationship between Grace and Law? Just how much of the Law is valid for today?
- How can we know if someone is REALLY saved? Should we just assume that anyone who names “the Name of Jesus” is going to make it to heaven?
- How can I know if I will make it?
Unity and Harlotry
Those who call themselves the “Body of Christ” can’t seem to agree on an answer. They might be able to find friends and colleagues who may agree with them because they come from the same “school of thought” (or denomination), but you never seem to find a consistency across the entire Body of Christ …. ever!
And yet Jesus prayed:
John 17:11 “Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We [are].”
This is not a unity born out of an emotional (or even “spiritual”) love for each other, but a unity in faith … as Paul writes:
Romans 15:5 “Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Philemon 2:1-2 “Therefore if [there is] any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, [being] of one accord, of one mind.”
We should clearly be able to comprehend from the scriptures above that God desires all of us to believe the same thing.
A Big Question
This was a Big Question to me:
Why is the church, who claims to have “the Answer”, not able to give “an answer” (consistently) to a hungry, lost world? The world can see that we don’t agree, and they are laughing at us. Why can’t WE see this?
In addition to our lack of unity, I have been absolutely dumbfounded at the rate in which the mainstream church is sliding into bed with the world system. Like most of you, I’ve seen the face of the church change over the past few decades, and the face is no longer that of the Bride of Christ, but more closely resembles that of a harlot. They profess their undying love for their Husband on one hand, and yet jump at every opportunity to sleep with the enemy on the other.
While most of us would attribute this slide into immorality and apathy as the work of shoddy leadership, a lack of obeying the Word and/or the enemy warring against our souls, I would challenge that this is only a small part of a much bigger issue.
Here We Go Again
People have called me “courageous” for publicizing my story on “My 7 Years Working for the Elijah List”. Although they were very kind words, I’m not sure if they were accurate. You see, I believe that the work was “God-inspired” because it only took me a total of 5-6 hours to write the whole thing. And, since it was a work of God, I dared not keep for myself.
Since that time (March 2011), I’ve vowed to write anything He tells me – unless He explicitly tells me not to.
This has come at a cost.
Asking the “hard questions” is something that I love to do, but I often find myself ill-prepared to receive the answers that come to me.
Over the past year (or so), I’ve been studying the history of the Church (from Acts to the Present). True to my personality, I’ve been asking the question(s):
- Why (and How) did we change from an Acts church to our present church format?
- What happened? Why do we look so different?
- What exactly happened during the Reformation?
- What kind of rewards (or punishments) are in store for us?
I discovered the “Why” and “How” … and, like I mentioned before, I was ill-prepared for the answers.
I’ve also been researching on the time period between the return from the Babylonian Exile and the birth of the Messiah.
- What happened during that time?
- What kind of society was Jesus born into?
- What was the historical context of the New Testament?
This whole time that I’ve been writing for HonorofKings.org (March 2011 – Present), I’ve been researching these topics in the background. It’s gotten to the place that I cannot continue to write on this blog without sharing what I’ve found. I still plan on writing on the topics that I’ve started (Romans 6-8, Scriptural Answers to Prophetic Propaganda), but I must address these topics within the context of what I’ve discovered.
I’m about to take HonorofKings.org in a direction that will make MOST of you very uncomfortable. If you can’t handle it, feel free to unsubscribe … I still love you and pray that you find Truth.
Let it be known, right here and now, if I ever deny Jesus as Lord (the Way, the Truth, the Life), run from me … I’m a false teacher! If I ever teach you something contrary to scripture, run from me … I’m a false teacher!
- IF I teach you something that is found in the Word, that the mainstream church won’t teach you, YOU are responsible to get before God and deal with it.
- IF I teach you something that is found in the Word that goes against your present understanding, YOU are responsible to get before God and deal with it.
I make no apologies for the Word of God …. all of it.
You see, the main reason that those who call themselves “the Church” cannot (and will not) agree and the main reason why their system is failing (and will continue to fail) is one and the same. The mainstream church is trying to follow a way of life (notice the small “w”) and fit into a structure that they were never meant to fit in.
What you see now … is Not what God intended.
Do I say this out of arrogance? Hardly! I don’t have the full picture! But I do believe that what I’ve discovered is at least a few missing pieces that really need to be discussed. I will probably be addressing these issues from here on out, as they have impacted my life in such a Way, that I cannot go back.
I will not go back. I love you too much.
Do you want the Honor of Kings? You must search out a matter ….
For the Love of the Search,